- This event has passed.
Workshop: Accessing census aggregate and flow data
7th December 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
7 December 2017
University College London
This half-day workshop will focus on both the aggregate and flow outputs from recent censuses.
Aggregate data provide area counts, usually of individuals or households with particular characteristics. Flow data is a special type of data about flows between an origin and destination; examples include migration data, commuting data, movements associated with a second residence or journeys to school.
This workshop will include:
- an introduction concerning the census and the outputs available through UK Data Service
- overview of the Census, and specifically aggregate and flow data
- demonstration of both the InFuse and WICID interfaces
- hands-on exercises using InFuse and WICID interfaces
- opportunity to use our older interface, Casweb, which provides access to data from the 1971, 1981,1991 and 2001 censuses
- opportunities for participants to ask the presenters questions about their own use of census aggregate and flow data
£15 – UK registered students
£30 – Staff – UK academic institutions and research centres, ESRC funded researchers, UK registered charity and voluntary organisations, staff – public sector and government.
£75 – All other participants including commercial organisations and non-UK individuals.