- This event has passed.
Doctoral Translation: Getting prepared for non-academic interviews
May 18 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
18 May 2023
10:00 – 12:00 GMT
This workshop is intended to help doctoral researchers prepare to talk about the transferable skills they have developed during their PhD in a way that will be relevant and intriguing to employers outside the Academy.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Be able to describe likely differences between academic and non-academic interviews.
- Be familiar with the concept of competency-based interviewing.
- Have identified the specialist and transferable skills or behaviours for a job they are interested in.
- Be able to list where they have experience that matches those skills.
- Have created at least two stories to illustrate those experiences.
The workshop uses a blend of instruction, individual preparation and live role-play practice. Participants will have the opportunity to prepare real answers to real interview questions, and receive feedback from the facilitator and other participants. Because of this approach, the delegate number has to be smaller for this workshop.
Feedback from previous PhD participants:
“It was really helpful to think about the terms used in job adverts.”
“Working through the list of challenging \\\’interview\\\’ questions was a really useful (if difficult and thought provoking) exercise”
“It was very helpful to think about how you might repackage a story to demonstrate different skills.”
Book your attendance at this event at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/doctoral-translation-getting-prepared-for-non-academic-interviews-tickets-475110978727
If you require any information regarding attending this course, please email: [email protected].